Here’s what I have for breakfast every morning: a smoothie. Not any kind of smoothie, this is something like a vegetable garden in a glass ie. it has everything in it. Sounds scary.
It is, especially if you read all the ingredients! But not if you taste it (surprisingly enough).
Recipe for Hectic Smoothie:
- a blob of yoghurt
- a scattering of oats
- a banana
- an apple
- a lemon
- or whatever other fruit I want instead
- a handful of sprouts (weirdly enough, the taste doesn’t come through)
- a few spinach leaves (ditto, since it isn’t juiced but cut up into tiny un-noticeable pieces)
- a teeny glug of olive oil
- a teeny glug of 3-6-9 omega oils
- a teeny glug of avocado oil
- a splattering of sunflower seeds
- a splattering of linseeds
- a sprinkling of cinnamin and nutmeg
- a dash of tumeric
I then blend all of this up with my hand blender. It sounds horrible but thanks to the pineapple that cuts across everything, it has a fresh, zingy taste. Once I’ve had this smoothie, I feel good. Ready for the day. Able to go to gym. Happy to eat what I like from there. Macaroons for instance.