- Come over for lunch on Sunday!
- Come to dinner tonight!
- How about lunch on Sunday?!
- Why don’t you pop in tonight, maybe you can come for dinner?
- I’ve cooked a special dish for you… have a taste!
- TASTE this!
- Try this!
- You’ve got to taste this…
- Before you go… just have a taste of this!
And doing things like this:
Dishing up as if you haven’t eaten for a year (what you think is going to be a platter for the table turns out to be YOUR DISH and yours alone)
Even if you vehemently protest that you can’t POSSIBLY eat so much, he will laugh and say, well you can always take a doggy bag home with you!
I’ll tell you this, my Dad still makes the best porridge! Unfortunately, we didn’t chat much more about it though because he was dashing between a million and one pots on the stove (and the roast in the oven) and dishing up this and that. Also, there were plenty of helpers demanding our attention. Note Olivia’s contribution to cleaning the bowls and James’ contribution to scrubbing down the butcher’s block:
We had a wonderful lunch…
Thanks Dad, it was delicious even if I didn’t finish EVERYTHING on my plate 😉 !